YstokReport is a report definition and generation framework.
The library is Lisp implementation-specific and targeted at
a Common Lisp development system for Macintosh, Windows, and Linux platforms.
It is based on CAPI and does not require any DLL or OLE components.
PDF and Adobe® Acrobat/AcroReader automation
PDF documents are generated by means of cl-pdf/cl-typesetting
With YstokReport, the user can print out reports or preview them in the Adobe
Acrobat, Adobe AcroReader, or
another PDF viewer.
On Windows, a fine-tuned control over the Acrobat or AcroReader is provided by means of
the LispWorks DDE API.
Top-level report primitives
Macros exported from the
ystok.report package allow the user to define a category hierarchy as well as specific
report types and functions.
(rr:define-category cat1 () :title "Category 1")
(rr:define-report pdf-1-and-2-1 (:categories (cat1 cat2) :format :pdf)
:title "Sample report categorized under 1 & 2"
:interval '(:start t :end t :range :quarter)
Report generation settings
The Reports tab can be added to the common Settings dialog of any CAPI
application that is based on the
YstokWidgets library. This tab presents panes and
check boxes for
controlling report generation-related parameters:
- a proper version of the AcroReader executable file,
- a kind of fonts used,
- multiprocessing and DDE settings.
The Report board window presents the following features:
- tree view with report categories and types as nodes,
- descriptions of panes for entering report-specific input parameters:
text input panes, option panes, list panes etc.,
- mutated layout of the above panes,
- switching output destination (printer or file),
- specializing output format (detailed/summary) and optional charts (plot/histogram/pie),
- saving and restoring the history of values of input parameters, the whole
history is retained in one session is restored in the next working session.
The ex1.lisp sample file was used to produce